lunedì 8 settembre 2008

traduzione della poesia in inglese e un quadro


picture _ Risveglio by Aeleen Tomsen
TOO LATE
By AT

Don’t give me
the answer
daughter of a thousand regrets ,
ignore me,
like you have ignored me
all the time
I had continued
to ask you questions,
to run after a word,
unheeded voice.

It is too late by now ,
at least
save us the last sorrow ,
the ultimate pain .
Your kindness,
at this time,
when everything is done
is only
the most recent,
the most subtle
of the offences.

Don’t keep me tied
with your rope
built of lies .
Allow me to forget,
to keep a distance ,
to be safe.
To remove the pain
of unsaid , denied,
a this point,
useless words.
Allow me to proceed.

Don’t play
your alluring music,
expecting me to follow
while you lead,
this perverse game.
I have been here
all the time
begging for a word,
pitying your presence
and I received
only silence
and absence.
.

Now it is too late,
nothing
will be the same
nothing
else has to be told.
The choice,
the one you made for me,
denying me
the relief
of an elaborate event,
seems irrevocable
in its disarming truth.

I don’t need too much
to understand you,
I have been reading
your withdrawal
the whole time ,
listening your
deafening silence,
your distant denial
watching into
your elusive eyes.


If I asked for you,
for a word
and a presence
it was not for
need of confirms .
It was a late ,
definitive attempt
to give you the chance
to save the core,
to recover the essence
of what we had been .
An entwined entity,
unconditional bound
of bodies and minds.
Us.

Don’t humiliate me further
with indulgent
understanding,
now that I found
the courage
to stand out for myself,
now that I showed you
even a betrayed soul
can still have
some dignity,
and the strength to say no.


Don’t remember the past ,
with tearful memories
about what you have destroyed.
Don’t remind me
what we have been
together.
Don’t regret about
indissoluble feelings,
now they are gone lost.
Because into that past,
full of unborn promises,
I see clear and perceive
the little seed
of the ones
we have just become.
The premise of the end.

Nessun commento: